Protecting your privacy
- We don’t share your information with third parties for marketing purposes.
- We don’t engage in cross-marketing or link-referral programs with other sites.
- We don’t employ tracking devices for marketing purposes (“cookies”, “web beacons,” single-pixel gifs).
- We don’t send you unsolicited communications for marketing purposes.
- Account information is password-protected. Keep your password safe.
- TN does not knowingly collect any information from persons under the age of 18. If TN learns that information submitted is by a person under the age of 18, TN will remove that information.
Data we collect
- We sometimes collect your email address, for purposes such as sending self-publishing and confirmation emails, authenticating user accounts, providing subscription email services, registering for forums, etc.
- We collect contact information, such as name(s), phone/fax number(s), and address for billing purposes.
- We sometimes collect your phone number for account authentication purposes, and may transmit it to a third party service for verification.
- We may collect personal information if you provide it in feedback or comments. Please do not post any personal information you expect to keep private.
- Our web logs collect standard web log entries, including your IP address, page URL, and timestamp. Web logs help us to diagnose problems with our server, to administer the TNS, and to otherwise provide our service to you.
- We collect your name, phone number, and email address, which will be used to assist in implementing the TNS.
- TN may use your name, phone number, and email address to inquire with You regarding service provided by the towing service provider
Data we store
- All information is stored in our database, even after “deletion,” and may be archived elsewhere, including but not limited to inventory information.
- Our web logs and other records may be stored indefinitely.
- Although we make good faith efforts to store the information in a secure operating environment that is not available to the public, we cannot guarantee complete security.
Archiving and display of information by search engines and other sites
- From time to time third parties, such as but not limited to users of TNS, whether authorized or unauthorized, may make information from the TNS site available. Such publication may be out of the control of TN.
Circumstances in which TN may release information
- TN may disclose information about its users if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to respond to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process.
- TN may also disclose information about its users to law enforcement officers or others, in the good faith belief that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to: enforce our Agreements; respond to claims that any posting or other content violates the rights of third-parties; or protect the rights, property, or personal safety of TN, its users or the general public.
- By visiting our web site and providing us with data, you acknowledge and agree that due to the international dimension of TNS we may use the data collected in the course of our relationship for the purposes identified in this policy or in our other communications with you, including the transmission of information outside your resident jurisdiction. In addition, please understand that such data may be stored on servers located in the United States. By providing us with your data, you consent to the transfer of such data.
California Online Privacy Protection Act
See more at http://consumercal.org/california-online-privacy-protection-act-caloppa/#sthash.0FdRbT51.dpuf
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
When it comes to collecting personal information from children under 13, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, the nation’s consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children’s privacy and safety online. We do not specifically market to children under 13.